Friday, September 2, 2011

Basket Blocks are finished and trimmed

Today I had some rare afternoon time to myself.  My youngest son has a double ear infection and my oldest son fell asleep in the car on the way home from the pediatrician.  After getting them to bed, I actually was able to work on quilting for the first time in a week!  Since school began (I am a graduate student beginning an internship) and the kids started daycare, I have been busy, busy, busy.

Here are the blocks.  I have no idea yet what to do for sashings.  Ideas anyone?  I just don't like wide sashing unless it is pieced somehow.  Colors?  Green or cheddar or red?  Ideas aren't coming yet.

9 comments:

  1. I like super thin sashing the same color as your floor. :)

    Or you don't need any at all, when you butt up the corners of your blocks, they will make spiffy new blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I`m agree with Lead,thin sahsing and cheddar color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Narrow Red sashing with cheddar cornerstones - a popper and a period time color to go with the baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thin DARK sashing was my first thought. Dark, the color of the baskets?

    Very pretty, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think cheddar gold with red corner stones. :):):) We all have a different thought :):) But we all seem to agree, that the blocks are beautiful :) great job!! Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about piano keys? It's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Leah, no sashing would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. No sashing could be an option. Or a narrow containment border and a piano key border like someone suggested. I think you should audition sashing colors and show us. :-) I think the color you used for the baskets might be really pretty for the sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it so much!! I like maybe a narrow dark sashing...but however you set it, this quilt is a winner! Hey, what are you studying??

    ReplyDelete