Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Crumb Patch Quilt requirements

How did I plan this quilt?  On a post it note!  I want to share with you some of the fabric requirements for Crumb Patch.

Neutral:  I used a Kona solid called Snow.  Thus far, I have used 3 yards and will use a small amount more for my flying geese.  I would buy 4 yards or use up your scrappy neutrals.  If you take scrappy neutrals, you will be using 2.5" strips mostly.  For the half square triangles, I used 2 7/8" strips.

For the center, I have NO idea what I used!  It came from my scrap pile!!!  Here are the stats though:

The quilt center measures about 56 x 72 (again prior to borders).  It is in a 7 x 9 layout.  Finished block sizes are 8"

9 Patch Blocks:  (32 total)

128   2.5" colored squares
128   2.5" x 4.5" bricks of your neutral fabric
32     4.5" crumb blocks


8 Pointed star blocks:  31 total

124  2 7/8" colored squares
124  2 7/8 neutral squares        (These squares will make 248 HSTs)
124  2.5" neutral squares


Inner and Outer blue border:
You will need approximately 2 yards.
Inner border consists of 2.5" WOF strips (I used 8 strips)
Outer border used 8 4.5" WOF strips
I also will use close to 3/4yd for binding.

Flying geese:
You will need to make about 138 flying geese.  Size is 2.5" x 4.5" unfinished.
Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment