Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Working on the back

Yesterday I was able to start the back to my string quilt.  I took out a pile of random pieces of fabric from my bin (my entire fabric collection fits in a Rubbermaid 18 gallon tote) and started squaring and sewing.  So far I have about 50 inches out of about 100 inches...so halfway done!  I work in manageable sections then put everything together.  I like free piecing.  It is a way to use up things and get them gone!  I have amassed some strange pieces of fabric too!

You can see the pile of fabrics in the back.  Nothing really goes together.  No theme here.  Just getting it gone!  As long as there are many pieces like that...lots of scrappy variety...the theme becomes "scrappy" and nearly EVERYTHING works!  It fits with the front of the quilt...everything goes!




Hmmm...doesn't look like a whole lot of matching going on here....  ;-p

1 comment:

  1. Going scrappy for the back is a great way to use up fabric that would just be stashed away. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete