Sunday, August 19, 2012

Orca Bay: Step 2365243.25

Hey all!  Just giving the next update on my Orca Bay project.  I am almost done with the top!  A friend suggested I go with flying geese.  I wanted the border to be dynamic, so I used the rest of my grays to radiate from nearly white to solid black.  I love it!  Since this picture was taken, I was able to sew the two long side sewn down and get the final two sides completely assembled.  I just don't know what to throw in the corners.  I need something that is 4.5" square.  The outer border will be 4" wide and will be the same deep plum fabric you see.

Now for the stash report.

I purchased 3 yards last week for the Orca Bay border and used 2.5 yards of it.  I also purchased 5 fat quarters for my english paper pieced quilt.  I needed yellows and greens.

Stash Report
Used this Week: 2.5
Used year to Date: 24 yards
Added this Week: 4.25
Added Year to Date: 21.75 yards
Net Used for 2012: 2.25 yards
UFOs (Charlotte's Baskets, Orca Bay)
Please check out Judy's Patchwork Times for more stash reporting!


  1. Oh, My, Good, Ness!! This is stunning and just love the idea of the geese.

  2. The borders are certainly dramatic and dynamic. Nice suggestion.

  3. I just love the flying geese border. What a great quilt!

  4. beautiful! i love the gradient to the corners, how about a square in a square block? i would make the center what ever color is the corner- black or white...

    clear as mud?