Saturday, July 30, 2011

I Spy A Crumb Patch Top Complete

I have been on a roll!  Yesterday, I finished the swirly feather border on the Tree of Life Quilt.  I ran out of thread twice.  After going through a 600m spool of Superior Threads, I went to my LQS to get more.  They were out of the color I needed (figures).  The owner looked through her personal stash of thread and had a portion of a spool of the right color and gave that to me.  I was thinking I was good to go, but I ran out again!  The border is really thready.  I decided not to try and get another replacement so I found a color close enough in my own stash and finished it.  Afterwards, I put on the binding.  I have one inner border to finish and as soon as that is complete (inspiration has not hit yet) I will post tons of pics!!!

As if binding and quilting weren't enough, I also ironed and folded my prairie points.  The motivation was still there, and at 9pm last night I began to assemble the I Spy a Crumb Patch borders.  It turned out great!

Now on to assembling a quilt back.  I found some alphabet fabric in my I-Spy stash so I am going to try and mix that with some colorful solids and see how it goes from there!


  1. Your quilt is absolutely wonderful.I love it.Well done!!

  2. THis is very cute - love going outside the box with the ordinary I Spy.

  3. That is a LOT of prairie points! They add dimension to this quilt. Great Job.

  4. Stunning crumb quilt! What a wonderful touch you have added to the border using prairie points.