Thursday, November 10, 2011

EQ Charlottes Baskets design

I dont own EQ (I really want it but the 200 price tag is intimidating), so recently I asked a quilter friend to do a few mockups for me.  I am ready to start working on Charlottes Baskets before the end of this year, and wasnt sure of how I wanted to lay out the blocks. 

This layout seems to be the one for me:


I am going to focus on my attention on three colors, green, cheddar, and red when deciding on the sashing colors.  I just need to try things out and see what happens with it.  I havent thought about the borders yet, but I will tie in some scrappy goodness with basket (not sure if it will be applique or pieced) basket blocks for cornerstones.

Of course, I am open to suggestions!!!

1 comment:

  1. Purchase the program. You will be very happy that you did. I wasn't sure about the price either but I saved up for it and was glad I did. I LOVE it and you will too. I'm saving now for the upgrade from EQ6 to EQ7

    ReplyDelete