Friday, July 25, 2014

My first vintage machine

Every once in a while I peruse EBay and Craigslist for Singer machines.  I want the Singer 221, but the featherweight seems like a hot item which drives up the price.  I saw a vintage machine on craigslist which was listed by a newish thrift store in a nearby town for $40, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to check it out.  I had no model number to go off of, just a picture.

...and she came home with me!


Don't you live my backdrop of boxes?  The cabinet is in great shape.  Turns out she is a working Singer 99.  It was from an estate sale.  The seller told me it was open and in use around the time the owner passed.  Just the kind of machine I was looking for.


I can't wait to try it out!


4 comments:

  1. What a sweet machine! You scored for sure. I think Connie (FreeMotion by the River) has two 99's, so if you have trouble or questions, she could help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cabinet is sweet! Good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently inherited a 99K from my FIL and can't wait to start playing with her! She's a beauty and very clean, but I don't think she's been sewed on in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got a 99 a few months ago, and love sewing on it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete