Saturday, January 24, 2015

Hexie Part Deux: Ready for Binding

I have had a love hate relationship with this quilt.  I love the fabrics (civil wars) and the process of English paper piecing, but it was hard to love my overall design.  After I got this far, I knew it was time to wrap it up.

I quilted with a simple meander.  Given it was hand-pieced, I originally had plans to hand quilt, but even letting it side idle a span of time didn't motivate me for it.  This year is the year of finishing stuff, so it was time.


All done!



Then came the problem with the binding.  I didn't know what I wanted to do with all these edges.  It finally hit me that I could curve them.  Why not!?!


...and after cutting.


It seems to look alright.  I just have to dig up fabric for binding.  I have never sewn binding on a curved edge, but I think I can figure it out easy enough. I can't imagine a life anymore without YouTube.  Don't know how to do it?  There's a video for it!

I am gifting it as a table topper for a lovely lady who always shares her scraps with me.  She always does things for others, so it will be nice to do something for her.  I travel briefly to New York soon for a job interview, and this mini quilt will slowly make its way to its destination then.

Stay tuned!



1 comment:

  1. You Tube is a huge help - I agree. I think it is wonderful - a lot of hard work.

    ReplyDelete