Sunday, January 18, 2015

A flimsy is born

I am trying to keep my momentum going.  This is the year of using up and finishing.  I don't have room in my temporary house to get more stuff or build my stash.  My scraps are overflowing.  This project was born out of a plan to reduce the stash of crumbs.  So far so good!

This was the original plan.



Somehow blocks were turned around in assembly.  But I kept going...


...and ended up with this.


Now I will add a small border.  I am thinking a black border with strategically placed flying geese.  As I sit here looking at the center, I even thing it would look good with a thin black border followed by a slightly larger burgundy red border.   Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I think it is just stunning. A black stop border is definitely needed and burgandy sounds like a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is totally cool...I might need to do the same....i have way to many scraps. I do have a crumb quilt half done...so need to start quilting gain...thanks for the inspiration:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I think your thoughts on borders for this sound just right.

    ReplyDelete