Sunday, March 1, 2015

Crumb quilt bound and washed

I have been meaning to post a picture of my crumb quilt.  This quilt was born out of a need to use up about two gallon bags worth of crumb pieces.  I had a basic idea of what I wanted and went from there.  Here it is!



The back has a story of its own.  For my birthday at work, several of my co-workers gave me each a yard of fabric that represented them.  They challenged me to "make it work."  Hah, they don't know me!  Regretfully, straight line quilting pushed the center strip off center, but I still love it.  This is a utility quilt and will see many a couch naps and quilt forts.


I am going to be linking up with JulieKQuilts binding blitz.  Her site is amazing in everything scrappy.  If you don't frequent her blog, you should start!

5 comments:

  1. That's it! That is what I'll make with my shirt crumbs. How large is your finished quilt? It is beautiful, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I love it!!! You know I would!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your blog. I absolutely love your crumb quilt! And the backing! I have so many crumbs, I would love to make one like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love your crumb quilt. I think I like both settings equally (the off-center barn raising and the off-center chevron)--maybe it is the off-centeredness of it that appeals to warped me.
    And thank you for showing the back! The creativity of backings has inspired me lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing! Great idea for the backing!

    ReplyDelete