Sunday, January 29, 2012

GFG Anniversary and a Stash Report update!

It has been one year since I began quilting my Grandmother's Flower garden Quilt.  This quilt officially started in July 2010.  It took about 7 months to assemble using 1.5" finished hexagons and LOADS of scraps!  I have made so much progress in the quilting.

Here is a reminder of what it looks like.


This gives a better picture of what the quilting looks like.  I am a stab-stitcher I must admit.  I am working on learning the rocking stitch, but it is hard with the batting I chose (warm and white) and how thick my seams are.  I am learning and will change how I do things next time around!



 Way over in the corner you see what has not been finished yet.  I am so close to completing this quilt!  I don't have the time I used to but I still plan to complete this quilt by summer.  That will give me plenty of time!


And now for the stash report.  There are no changes from last week but I will be using more fabric in the very near future!

Used this Week: 0
Used year to Date: 7 yards
Added this Week: 0
Added Year to Date:8.5 yards
Net Used for 2012: -1.5 yards
UFOs (3: GFG, Charlottes Baskets, and the Wooden Bear July mini)

Please check out Patchwork Times for more Stash report updates!

There will soon be more UFOs.  My step-father unexpectedly passed away a few days ago.  My mother gave me his shirts and I will be making a quilt for her to snuggle with when she thinks of him.  Also, I was given another project to do and I just have no idea how to go about it.  I need to put my thinking cap on!


3 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous - and you have gone very fast on this one. Love that you are taking the time to hand quilt it - it deserves that extra love. My condolescences to your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just gorgeous, and your quilting is just beautiful. I love it! I'm sorry about the loss of your step father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the GFG. Sorry to hear of your step-father's loss. Hopefully your shirt quilt will be of some comfort to your mom :)

    ReplyDelete