Sunday, February 19, 2012

T-Shirt Quilt and Stash Report!

Another week has flown by.  This was a stressful one, with both good and bad events.  My nephew had successful open heart surgery this week.  Born with heart defects, this was not his first major surgery.  He is fast in his recovery though and will be home soon.  I also had a niece born on Wednesday.  She is healthy and home with her mother and father.  Also, I was invited to interview for a PsyD program in Clinical Psychology!  I am so excited.  The interview will be in March and of course I will update once a decision is made.

Today I had a chance to finish up most of the stabilizing and cutting of a t-shirt quilt.  These are my step-father's old shirts.  I cut out all of the pockets and sewed them back down on the larger blocks.  I drew this one out on graph paper, dividing it into sections which will make the sewing easier.  As shown, the quilt will measure 40" by 60."  My little road map is shown to the left of the quilt  I am considering making the quilt larger but want to work on what I have already completed to clear up my sewing area. 


As far as the stash report goes, no additions and no usage!  Here are the numbers:

Used this Week: 0
Used year to Date: 7 yards
Added this Week: 0

Added Year to Date: 8.5 yards
Net Used for 2012: -1.5 yards
UFOs (4: GFG, Charlotte's Baskets, Carl's Quilt, and the Wooden Bear July mini) 

Please check out Patchwork Times for updates on other Stash Reports!


2 comments:

  1. Love the pocket quilt. Best of luck with the interview in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mix of plaids and the pocket accents. Great way to recycle.

    ReplyDelete