Sunday, April 8, 2012

Carl's Quilt and a Stash report

I am on Easter break from school, and despite needing to study for a National Counselor Exam, I needed a break. 


I finished Carl's quilt!  This is a lovely little lap sized quilt.  It is sooo warm.  I used a flannel fabric for the back and quilted it with a simple meander, making sure to stitch around all of the pockets.  When I completed that, I started on some of the Orca Bay string blocks.  Who knows how long it will take to finish the top, but the adventure is what keeps me happy.

Here is the stash report!  I have already counted my string block fabric so there is nothing new to add.

Used this Week: 0
Used year to Date: 10.5 yards
Added this Week: 0
Added Year to Date: 8.5 yards
Net Used for 2012: 2 yards

UFOs (Charlotte's Baskets, Carl's Quilt, Wooden Bear July Mini)
 
Check out Patchwork Times for more stash reports!

5 comments:

  1. That is so cool...I love the pockets. What a great quilt for a young man....or any guy for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lap quilt. Great use of scraps and pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carl's quilt looks great. So snuggly. I love scrap quilts that are so useful and come from leftovers. Your man will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How handsome! It's not always easy to make a great "guy" quilt, but this one sure IS! Love the pockets and bold plaids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plaid quilts are so cool! Yours is awesome, and the pockets are a great touch.

    ReplyDelete