Sunday, April 1, 2012

Kindness or others and another Stash Report

Quilters in blogland are so kind.  There are blogs out there that are very special to me, and I regularly comment on their blogs as they do with mine (well, I comment much less lately because of school...I guess that makes me an avid reader!)  Joan's blog, Keeping you in Stitches is one of them.   In celebration of my first basket quilt, she sent me these lovelies!

She sent me lovely fabrics in a plum shade that will balance out my Orca Bay quilt well.  She made an awesome selvage bag for me to place my sewing items when I travel. 



Check out this lovely!  See the pin placed on the center of the selvage bag?  It is so gorgeous, I took a closeup!


I don't have much of a working knowledge of woodworking, but these pieces aren't painted!  I need to do a better job decorating my sewing area, and when I do this lovely will have a very prominent spot!  Thank you Joan!

Here is the stash report:

Used this Week: .5
Used year to Date: 10.5 yards
Added this Week: 0
Added Year to Date: 8.5 yards
Net Used for 2012: 2 yards
UFOs (Charlotte's Baskets, Carl's Quilt, Wooden Bear July Mini)

Check out JudyL's site Patchwork Times for more Stash Reports!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely gifts from a lovely person to a lovely person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice surprise- lovely fabric and a gorgeous bag and pin.

    ReplyDelete