Later this month I travel to FL to find housing while I finish my internship year. The airport time will give me an ample opportunity to work on my hexie project. Here is the project to date. I finished the green/yellow later.
I mentioned in the last post that my hexies were 1.25," but I was mistaken. I am using 1" hexagons for this project. In the last week, I have spent time on cutting out cardstock hexagons, cutting fabric, and basting. Here is my main hexie sewing kit. Recognize anything, Joan? I have the next round of reds ready to assemble. My grandmother unloaded a bunch of cheap thread (Coats and Clark) on me which has come in handy with the basting process.
I am more than halfway through basting a blue layer I will need later on in the pattern. I wanted to be sure I had enough for my upcoming Maine vacation AND the flight to FL. I am making good progress. I purchased a cheap pair of 4" scissors which I hope will make it through airport security.
Next I will need to start collecting more civil war neutrals. I don't have many, and will need plenty for the "background" of this hexie quilt. This weekend, my LQS is having an anniversary sale, so I will go then to see what I can get my hands on (which will include the outer border for Acappella).
Have a fun week!