Friday, June 15, 2012

Back to the drawing board.

So, earlier I mentioned that I had ordered a Creative Memory hexagon punch from eBay.  Well, due to overzealous bidding on my part, I have TWO (of the same size).  I have been so excited thinking that I could cut time and increase accuracy through making my own hexagon shapes.  I received one of them in the mail today, and was sad that I didn't realize that the size of the cutter did not equate to the measurement of each hexagon side.  I purchased the .75 and 1 inch hexagon maker.  I thought each side of the hexagon was .75 and 1 inch respectively.  Nope.  The size is the width of the hexagon.  My bad!  This is useless to me, and I will have two of them!  Back to eBay they go!


I will be using 1" hexagons in my next project.  Does anyone out there know if the large Creative Memories hexagon punch makes hexagons with 1" sides?

1 comment:

  1. I made the same mistake so you are not alone. What I understand is that the large punch makes hexagons 3/4" and 5/8" on a side. I really wanted the 3/4" size so I may try again to purchase. I use 67lb vellum that I buy from my local paper store. Here's a way to print an easy to cut out 1" hexagon: http://www.texasfreckles.com/p/downloads-patterns.html

    ReplyDelete