Saturday, June 23, 2012

Who needs EQ when you have...

....graph paper and crayons!  Well, if I had a few hundred to throw around I might just pick up a copy.  Until then I will do this the old fashioned way!

This is an approximate layout of the new quilt.  I don't have room to take sewing equipment with me on vacation, so I am starting the next english paper piecing project.  I am not a huge fan of the black and I will replace that color with gold tones.



I ran out of room and could not mess around with the corners, but this will be the main part of the quilt (above).   Below is a picture of the civil war fabrics I have been stashing for more than a year.


Below are the greens and neutrals.  It seems I may need more greens, but I like the range of colors.




Below is one of my favorite fabrics.  I bought it on sale at my LQS and they don't have any more.  This is a fabric I could buy in bulk!


Do you have a favorite fabric you wish you had more of?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I like variety and change of pallette - but always buy by the bolt - Kona black, snow, white and a must - muslin in various shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog you have. I'll be popping over again soon to have another look around. I zapped over from Bonnie' blog during a work break. So glad I did.

    ReplyDelete