Monday, May 14, 2012

Oh my Ohio Stars!

My design wall-- er--cutting mat!

After a final pitch to finish the hourglass blocks last night, I can finally start to see things come together!  This morning, I piled up my pile of hourglass blocks, as well as the neutral and dark squares to begin the ohio star blocks.


I have not yet begun the gray string blocks, but I wanted to start to see SOMETHING come together as motivation to keep trucking along!

The other day, my Uncle's chickens hatched from their incubated eggs.  I think there were 14 all together.  My kids were so excited.  Here they are having a visit with a baby chick!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, those star parts are going to look so good together. :)

    Cute chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Orca blocks! There's nothing like baby chicks to delight children (and everyone!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your units look fabulous, as usual. Cute kids and chick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice quilt blocks and the fabrics ard very cool. Baby animals are fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stars are looking great! So jealous of those baby chicks. They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blocks - going to be so effective. Your kids look really enthralled with tthe baby chick - sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks look so good. And the chick and kids look like they are all having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I like your greys, whites and blacks for your blocks.

    Look at that cute chick...and you let him walk on your fabric??

    ReplyDelete