Thursday, August 4, 2011

Charlottes Baskets

I am oh so close to some finishes, so expect some nice eye candy soon!

Today I cut up some scraps and started a test block of Charlotte's Baskets (found here on Bonnie Hunter's website).  It is tedious but I like the final product.  Of course if you look closely you will see I sewed it together incorrectly!  RRRRRRipppppit!  I have enough fabric cut to make 25 blocks.  My blocks will finish at close to 12" because I couldn't bear to cut my HSTs so small.  I had quite a few left after making Bonnie's Pineapple Blossom quilt so my work was already half done!  As for the basket fabric, I purchased a bit SUPER cheap at Connecting Threads because the print wasn't straight.  When you cut pieces this small, it really doesn't matter!  I really love the deep red.

1 comment:

  1. Love the use of the left over pieces to go into another scrappy quilt. Very cute basket block.

    ReplyDelete