Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pets on Quilts Show



I thought I might enter a quilt in this show.  It is one you all have seen before.

This is Banner.  He is an awesome dog.  He is my Angus' uncle and is a Shetland Sheepdog.  He is a stud dog, cart puller, obedience dog, play actor, model, Canine Good Citizen, and so much more! 





I wanted to make him his very own quilt to take to shows or demos.  It has a silhouette of a Sheltie running in the lower corner.



Here he is on his little doggie quilt!  He is a sweet little thing...surely a BIG dog in a little dog's body!


I just had to edit my post to add my Angus in!



Here is Angus (center towards the front) with his mother (far left), sister Misty (second from left) and Mila (far right)


And since some of you may have seen the other doggie quilt I made.  Shine is Angus's other sister (not the same litter).  She has the same vibrant personality as my Angus.   She is only about a year old but she is already on her way to being a true show and obedience dog!  Her sister Misty is modeling it in the picture below!



Here is a full view of the doggie quilt.



38 comments:

  1. SO happy to see Banner here in the Pets on Quilts show. Yes a little dog, big in heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's just gorgeous and looks so proud of his quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Banner is beautiful! It looks like he really enjoys his special quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dogs. All of them.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Banner look so much like my Beau, He was a beautiful sheltie and I miss him so much.. Old age got him... I have had Shelties for years they are just the best dog... but now I have Pomeranians..

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all beautiful! Banner looks so dignified! I love the colors of Angus and his sisters and mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom and step dad had a Sheltie but he was run over by the FedEx truck.. It broke their hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are gorgeous dogs...and the quilt is fit for Royalty!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those dogs are beautiful! Such striking markings! And your mini quilts are perfect for them~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful dogs and beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. they are such beautiful dogs.
    love your boy angus!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Banner and Angus are gorgeous. :D How fun to have a cart dog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful dogs. I so enjoyed seeing the photos of the dogs, and the quilt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dogs are so beautiful and sweet! Love the quilt also!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a blog post of beautiful dogs! Love that Banner has his own quilt for events. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love seeing all the fur babies. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Banner is gorgeous! I love these types of dogs. Your quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have loved Shelties since I was little. Lovely quilts for them too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, those dogs are gorgeous. I love the quilt you made for Banner.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh these are beautiful dog! What a wonderful quilt you made for Banner!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful Shelties. Banner & Angus are beautiful dogs, that look so very smart. And I love the beautiful quilts you created for them too. Very special. Thanks for sharing in the Pets on Quilts show.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love Banner's quilt! And all of the dogs are gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are just beautiful doggies!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Funny how their names seem to fit them. They are all beautiful dogs for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Banner is gorgeous, as are your other Shelties! Love the quilt you made for Banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are beautiful dogs! We had a mixed breed dog growing up that had a very similar face, now you got me wondering if there was some Sheltie in his mix? Great entry.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Banner is beautiful! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the photo of the dog family!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful dogs all! Banner seems to love his quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What gorgeous doggies and lovely quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are gorgeous dogs! Love the little quilt you made for Banner.

    ReplyDelete
  32. what wonderful photos... thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, your shelties are just wonderful!!! I have two poodles who warm my heart:):) -- hugs-- sandie

    ReplyDelete