I finally finished the quilting this weekend. I only had to complete the inner border area and was being lazy about it.
Here is the frontal view.
A closeup of the outer border quilting. I quilted the border from the back of the quilt so the direction of the swirly feathers were going the same as the braid. This prevented me from having to put the bulk of the quilt under the throat of my Viking.
Here is the trunk detail. Hopefully you can see it. I did a barky, flamey sort of pattern here. This was the best quilting I have done yet. I am really pleased at how this came out.
The back of the quilt. Not my favorite quilt back. I think the batiks did not make for a good type of material for a scrappy back. I think scrappy quilt backs work better with some fabrics being patterned. I used all of my batiks though and they are out of my stash which makes me happy!
The swirly feathery border can be seen well from the back.
Time for a bath!!