Friday, August 12, 2011

Progress on Charlottes Baskets

I have been working a little at a time on Bonnie's Charlotte's Baskets.  I have 25 and was going to stop there, but have since decided to make 5 more for a 5 x 6 layout.  I have a few more HSTs to make and once I am finished with string blocks, I will get back to work on the basket blocks.


Here they are so far!  They are a lot of fun to make!  I really am liking my EZ angle ruler for making HSTs out of 2.5" strips.


My pile of string blocks is slowly growing.  Currently, I have a few under 40 blocks and I need 60.  I have made so many scrap projects this year that my stash of strings is really dwindling.  I really have to dig around at times for long strings that go in the center of the blocks.  My crumb pile, however, is growing steadily and waiting for some inspiration! 

I use a phone book for the foundation pages and I think I am up to letter "P."  That is a lot of string blocks over the last two years!  I am also learning and now am using a smaller stitch length so none of the stitches pull out when I remove the foundations.


Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful scrap projects going. I like to use old phone book papers for my diagonal string blocks, too. I love those baskets - gosh, I just don't need another project.

    ReplyDelete